Moving To Charlotte
Cosidering A Move To Charlotte?
If so, you are in the right place! This website has been built to help people like you who are thinking about moving to Charlotte.
If you’ve never been to Charlotte before we like to think of Charlotte as a “small, big city”. Geographically Charlotte is small — you can drive across south Charlotte in 30 minutes — but unlike some of the smaller cities around the state Charlotte features “big city” amenities.
You’ll find a world class airport here, several Fortune 500 company headquarters, an NBA and NFL team, a AAA baseball team in the middle of Uptown, the Charlotte Symphony and many museums and theatres featuring world class entertainment and shows. There’s also the Whitewater Center, the Music Factory, and plenty of night-life around the city.
In this section of CCO you’ll find useful info for moving to Charlotte including but not limited to:
- Neighborhoods/Communities – The Internet is great for searching homes but terrible for exploring an area or community. Check out some of Charlotte’s top neighborhood and communities in this section.
- Home Partners of America/Rentals – Moving to Charlotte but want to rent for a year or two? The rental market in Charlotte is extremely tough. Want to rent a nice home in a good school district or a decent home close into town? This section is for you! You won’t find nicer looking rental homes in Charlotte.
- Homes for Sale – Check out the most popular homes for sale in Charlotte. This website has all the bells and whistles of websites like Zillow but is much more accurate.
- School Info – All about Charlotte area schools. Public, private and everything in between. Info on Union County and SC schools too
- Taxes Info – All about Charlotte property taxes and the recent revaluations by the county. Also so info on SC taxes
- Things to Do – What’s going on in Charlotte this weekend? What’s coming up? Things to do for kids, for families, for young professionals and everything in between!
Introduction to Charlotte Video
This introduction to Charlotte video is one of the most popular videos on YouTube about moving to Charlotte NC. Full of useful info on areas, schools, taxes, things to do and more, this video explains what to expect when moving to Charlotte. With over 100K views on YouTube it’s a little dated but still worth a watch!
All About Moving to Charlotte
When we moved to Charlotte we always heard people mentioning Greenways. We didn’t quite understand what they were talking about. We are familiar with parks, bike paths, but… Greenways? This term was completely new to us. With a little research and exploring – we quickly fell in love with one of Charlotte’s best attributes –
A trip to the Charlotte Regional Farmers Market! Back in NYC, famers markets are very seasonal. During the spring/summer/fall months, numerous farmers markets were steps from my apartment. When open, I would go almost every weekend on my morning walk with the dog and grab some staples. Therefore, I was very excited to check out
Charlotte loves pups! Your furry friends are welcome at SO many different Charlotte staples with you! We have a Mini Golden Doodle that loves to tags along with us wherever we go. He has made countless pup friends in Charlotte. We were lucky to learn about the Facebook group called “Charlotte Doodle Romp” which has over
Who doesn’t love to shop?! There are so many great shops, all catering to different specialities. I try to shop local whenever possible, so here are some of my favorites in our area! The BEST Baby Store – Shower Me With Love, located right next to Whole Foods in South Park. Our recent
We are so lucky to live close to South End where there are so awesome restaurants, and even more keep popping up weekly. From the best BBQ, Tapas, Wine Bars to top notch Mexican, we have it all! One of our all time favorite date nights is starting at Dilworth Tasting Room for a glass
Our beautiful son joined us almost a year ago now, and lucky for us, this city is bursting with kids! We’ve settled into so many weekly activities all within a 5-10 minute drive of our house. A few of our favorite organized weekly activities are… Baby Story Time at the Myers Park library! The babies